Tuesday 22 July 2014

Long time no see!

My poor blog has been neglected for ages. All the things going on with Etsy had put a stop to any activity from me. First there was the shipping test disaster, which went on for ages, and then there were so many different shop front tests that people didn't know whether they were coming or going. I couldn't face listing amidst all that uncertainty, but as I am now out of most of the tests, I had to get on with it. Brocante finds are kind of piling up in the cottage and the cottage is only small :-) !

Haven't gotten very far yet, but here are the links to a few listings I put up tonight -

Teapot shaped silver plate napkin holder - SOLD
Within minutes it had been put into a treasury.

Vintage French Holy Water font - SOLD

French Art Deco chocolate tin - SOLD

1920s handmade OOAK desk ink blotter - SOLD

Ok, I am sorry, gals, but I got to rant. Just as I was about to list another item ( at 1am in the morning ), I find myself in the horrible storefront test AGAIN!! And this time it is worse than ever, there are certain features missing which are essential. I just want to give up, I could cry right now.

All other things I was going to show you are back on hold............

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Good for you, I am also trying to sell from my blog shop. This is ridiculous, Etsy had me in test mode for weeks, I was so relieved when it was over. Then tonight, I find my shop is in another test mode. I closed my shop until they undo this.
GRRRRRR...I'm so over Etsy and their ridiculous changes.

Pam said...

Oh no! I thought I'd just finished with the Etsy shop test too, now I'm thinking I should go have a look and see if I've been stuck back into another! Yep just had a look and my banner has disappeared again!
I'm now thinking that perhaps changing to Wordpress and starting up a little shop from there might be the way to go, though it did once seem much easier to go through etsy.

You've got some gorgeous items there. You must have fun finding them all!

p.s. have come over from your other blog via OBW Vegetable!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Liz, I know exactly what you mean. I have been in the test on etsy for so long too and I let them know that I am NOT pleased with it. To lose our store front banners is not a good idea and I feel bad for business. The new look is hard to navigate and thus we lose sales!!

The items you added are gorgeous and I hope you and I both can get back to a normal shop soon. They said the test is going on till November before they make a decision on what we will see. Some see our banners and others do not. I asked customers and some say they see my banner and some say no.
In the forums, sellers are not happy.

Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. So nice to see you and wishing you a great rest of the week.
Hugs